|Gone Girl (English)|
|Theory of everything (English)|
|Escape plan (English)|
|Bangalore Days (Malayalam)|
|Raghuvaran Btech (Telugu)|
“No Such Thing As Bad Student, Only Bad Teacher.” – The Karate Kid
This article is not about god, it’s about us. This article doesn’t discuss about the existence of god.
When you are hungry, god didn’t feed you but your mother did.
When you are down/depressed, god didn’t motivate you but your father did.
When you tried to impress a girl, god didn’t help but your friend laid the plan.
Now MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) is a buzz word. There are many courses (most of them are free) from different providers. You can learn from people who have profound knowledge of the subject. You can pause them. You can replay them. And all is for free.
Most common situation arise for everyone is, we enrol for many courses and end up finishing none or very few. Why this happens? For each course considerable amount of hours per week are necessary, but while enrolling we make wrong calculations on the amount of free time we have. While calculating free time we include (sacrifice) whatever free time we have. But when actually courses begin we realize the reality. We understand switching between tasks isn’t easy and it is affecting overall productivity [ref: multitasking affects your productivity]. We feel restless, We procrastinate (tomorrow I will finish for sure) and finally we regret once the course finishes.
When we find a course that matches our interest we enrol without any second thought. Interest is good, but anxiety is bad. Instead of enrolling to 20 courses a year and finishing only 4 (just for the sake of finishing), it’s better to enrol for 10 and finishing all 10 courses, (with knowledge of it) also it improves confidence. Aim big, but start small.
Course are free but our time isn’t, so let’s utilize it carefully. Happy Learning.
PS: At first I used to enrol for 5-6 courses at a time and couldn’t able to manage time. Later I learned how to study in MOOCs, then I started enrolling to fewer courses and I am able to finish them.
Thanks for reading
Don’t say to yourself I :
- have little income I can’t Save
- have more income I don’t have to Save
Everyone has to Save, not that because it’s money but it’s necessary to have money. Saving is easy if you wish to.
1) Warren Buffet tips: [full article]
- Spend wisely
If you buy things you don’t need, you will soon sell things you need.
- Saving: Save for the unexpected
Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
- Think long-term and be patient
“No matter how great the talent or efforts, some things just take time. You can’t produce a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant.”
- Borrowing: Limit what you borrow
You will not become rich by living on borrowed money (credit cards, loans). People initially think that borrowing is manageable. One needs to have a solid plan to pay the debt back and not become its lifetime slave. A debt-free life is the best life.
Risk comes from not knowing what you’re doing.
2) Benjamin Franklin tips: [full article]
- A penny saved is a penny earned.
- An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
- Having been poor is no shame, being ashamed of it is.
- He that is of the opinion money will do everything may well be suspected of doing everything for money.
- Rather go to bed without dinner than to rise in debt.
3) There is a subtle line between misery and spending wisely, so watch for it. So when you have to spend – spend like a King.
4) Follow 70-20-10 Rule. Divide what you earn. [full article]
- 70% for living expenses
- 20% for savings
- 10% for debt (student loans, car payments, credit cards). If you don’t have debt/credit cards, then you can save this 10% too.
Any other personal tips please share in comments. I would love to learn.
Thanks for reading
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
* – For quick references.
I am limiting the list to websites that offer courses on coding. For list of websites that offer courses on various subjects check this article[link].